Prizes will be awarded to the top two projects for each of the categories. There will also be additional sponsor prizes that will be awarded in various categories. That means more prizes and more winners! Over $10,000 in prizes will be given out at the event. More details coming soon in regards to prize amounts for each challenge and additional sponsor prize categories.
Each category will have specific judging criteria. Judges scoring category breakdowns will be posted soon.
These counts indicate the number of teams that have indicated interest in a certain challenge. Use these numbers to help you decide on which challenge you might like to register for. A higher number means more competition in that category. You will have to indicate which challenge your team would like to be judged on during registration on Friday February 22.
#1 – VIA Quick Trip Web App Conversion And Enhancement
- Allow a user to search for food, drink, and nearby attractions using the same categories as in the current app.
- Allow a user to indicate whether a round trip is needed, and if so must request that a time be specified.
- Using the parameters above, find suitable nearby places.
- Provide a trip time estimate and route summary using transit.
- Allow the user to open their trip in a map application.
- The app must be both desktop and mobile friendly.
#2 – Build Customer Feedback Chat-bot Functionality for VIA’s Existing Chat-bot
- The rider must be able to enter information that is then cataloged in a way that is useful to VIA customer support staff.
- The bot must be able to categorize the conversation into the below categories and collect the corresponding information for that category.
- Collect rider contact information (First Name, Last Name, Mobile #, email, etc)
- The bot must be able to collect the following:
- Required – First Name, Last Name, Phone or email, comment
- Maintenance Requests
- Required – Location, location type (stop, bus, transit center), Time, Issue
- Bus Issues
- Required – First Name, Last Name, Phone or email, Route #
- Optional – Vehicle Number, Operator Name/ID
- Driver Issues
Required – First Name, Last Name, Phone or email, Route #, Operator name/ID, Issue
Optional – Vehicle Number
Required – First Name, Last Name, Phone or email, comment
- Create a way to display the results of the conversations in a easy to read format for VIA customer support use.
#3 – Augmented Reality Project